We made a turkey for our countdown to thanksgiving. On this turkey we write what we are thankful for on the feathers and when the feathers are full it is Thanksgiving. Of course, I am always behind so the kids each get to think of something they are thankful for every 3 days (or more depending on how behind I am).
Yesterday I asked them all what they wanted to put on the feathers today...
Gabbi - thankful for Piano
Tayler - thankful for Jered playing with him
Jered - is thankful for being able to worship God the way he wants
I don't know where Jered came up with that but I was very impressed by his comment. I too am thankful that we have had our freedom fought for so that we can worship the way we want to. I am truly grateful for the church that I belong to that teaches me the things I need to do to one day return, with my family, and live with my Heavenly Father.
I am trying to teach my kids what this holiday season really means. And by the comments each day, I know they are learning and teaching me also.
I am thankful for my Heavenly Father.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband.
I am thankful for my wonderful children.
I am thankful for my famiy and in-laws.
I am thankful for my friends.
I could go on and on, but now I need to go put the kids to bed.
I just wanted to share the comments by my kids and let everyone know that I am truly thankful for each one of you!!!
Christmas 2011
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment