This morning we had to be at the surgery center at 7:45 a.m. That meant an early morning for everyone. We got the kids ready and took Tayler out to our friend Jill's (thanks again Jill!), then Jeremy dropped Matti and I off at the surgery center and took Gabbi and Jered to school then he came back to be with us. Just as he got back they called us in. By 8:30 Matti was walking down the hall with the anesthesiologist. We waited in the waiting area for about 25 minutes till the doctor came out. She said everything went really well. The thing that took the longest was actually cleaning the ear out. She had what they call "glue ear" which means exactly what it sounds like. Lots of stuff that is thick like glue that doesn't drain. Once she got that out she said the tubes went in really well and should not have any more problems with infections. She said to watch for some drainage because there was so much backed up that that would be normal. About 5 minutes after the doctor came out the nurses came and got us because Matti was waking up. We have never ourselves or our kids been put under, so that was a new experience. One of the nurses was holding her when we came in, she was still asleep. I called her name and she tried really hard to open her eyes and move but nothing would move. She layed on me for awhile trying to wake up. She has been congested for the last little bit so she kept throwing up mucas (gross, I know). After about an hour she was able to drink and keep it down. She finally got off my lap and wanted to walk then got my jacket and gave it to me, got the diaper bag and headed for the door. We got the idea she was feeling better so the nurse let us go home. By now she was starving so we fed her some snacks then lunch and now she is down for a much needed nap. Tayler came home just before lunch and is now down for a nap also. So some piece and quiet, I guess I will go make some cookies for the kids.
I don't know if any of this makes sense but hopefully you get the jist of it. Matti is doing well and we go in for a check up on Feb.5 (I think).
Christmas 2011
14 years ago
2 comments:
I am glad that everything went so smoothly and she shouldn't have anymore ear infections. Enjoy the peace and quiet. Cami
I'm so glad that Maddi is doing good, I just hope she's not like Ty he had 10 ear infection's after the tubes thats when they decided to take his tonsils out.
Post a Comment