Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's almost turkey day!

Today was the last day of school for 5 whole days. The kids are very excited as am I to have them home. Tomorrow, after we pick up Gabbi from her friends sleep over, we will be making pies and turkey bread baskets. The art project should be fun and keep the kids busy for a little bit. We made these turkey baskets 2 years ago for our last thankgiving in Utah and they were a big hit. So I thought we should do them again. Check out this link to make one for your Thanksgiving...
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11307&campaign=NLC-NL_Crafts&link=Section1Link6
(hope that works for ya)
After school today I took (with the 4 kids) Tayler to the doctor again. If you didn't know he does not sleep well at night. He is constantly coughing and crying all night. To explain how often he is awake it is like having a newborn in the house again. Matti has been sleeping through the night for longer than Tayler has. Anyways, I am having a real hard time with my patience with him during the day because he is sooooo not happy with everything and everyone. All he does is yell and scream. So Jeremy and I discussed it again and decided I needed to take him in again and try to figure out what is bothering him. At 3 1/2 years old he should not be having such a hard time sleeping. Well with the symptoms and concerns I expressed to the doctor we have come up with a trial plan. She is thinking it is either asthma or acid reflux. So away I went to the pharmacy to pick up pulmicort, she sent me home with samples of the acid reflux medicine. And thank goodness for the samples because I heard that medicine was expensive. So I go to pay for the pulmicort and the pharmacist says that will be $188.94 please. I said "uh does the insurance pay for any of that" (I know I had a dumb founded look on my face) she said" they paid for some". So after driving really slow home I looked at the box to see how long this stuff will last. "QTY: 30" great I thought until I remembered she said use twice a day. Yep you added correctly that is going to be around $400 a month for one prescription that doesn't count the acid reflux one that everyone says is expensive. What to do? What to do?
But on a happier note...
Tayler has been in bed for 3 hours and not one cough. I feel awful if all this time (over 2 ongoing years) that he has not been able to breath at night and I have been short tempered with him telling him to get back to bed.
I love my little TAYLER and if $400 a month is going to make him a happier boy I will do everything in my power to pay it.

3 comments:

hjofam said...

It's no fun to see your little kids this way. About once a year (around October), Spencer gets this really bad cough at night. I give him allergy medicine (Zyrtec) for a few weeks and it clears it right up. Weird, huh?? Anyways, it doesn't sound nearly as bad as Tayler's, so I hope this works for you. Love you guys!!

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

Kristin...ouch! That is expensive. Good luck with that...poor kid! Hopefully this medication will work for him. I hate it when my kids are sick. I can't believe how expensive medications can be.

Anyhow, I made my blog private. Send me your email and the rest of your family's and I will invite you so that we can keep in touch!

Kris Tracy Broc said...

You are a great mother! Just remember that!
I hope that some day insurance really looks at our out of pocket expence and changes things soon.

I love you